(for the batter *)
- flour *
- baking powder *
- yeast (optional) *
- sugar *
- salt *
- food color (optional) *
- water *
- hotdog (or any kind of sausage that you like, you can even use cheese if you want to)
- cooking oil
- Mix the flour, baking powder, yeast and water in a bowl to make a batter, add some salt and sugar to taste. The batter's consistency should be way thicker than that of a pancake mixture, if it's too watery it might not hold when it's deep fried.
- (I used jumbo and regular-sized hotdogs as I wanted to make a big and small variety) Cut the hotdogs, if it needs to, to your preferred size. Put it on sticks and set it aside.
- Coat the hotdogs on stick in the prepared batter and then deep fry, repeat the process until you get your desired size, I did it thrice, both on the big and small ones. By doing it a little at a time, the dilemma of having it cooked outside but not inside is minimize.
- You can serve it as it is or with a drizzle of ketchup, mayonnaise or mustard.
I want my corn dogs with mustard or mayonnaise or both, how about you?