- chayote (sayote), sliced thinly
- moringa (malunggay), stems removed
- ground pork
- garlic, diced
- onion, diced
- cooking oil
- pepper or hot chillies
- In medium heat, saute onion, garlic and ground pork until cooked.
- Add the chayote slices and moringa leaves, saute for a minute, add a sprinkle of salt and pepper (I used a few pieces of hot chili peppers cut into halves as I like it a little hot), add a few cups of water, mix a little and let it simmer until the chayote is cooked (preferably, less than 5 minutes).
- Serve with steaming white rice.
I cooked this last Friday before we went to my mom's house for the weekend, my parents love veggies and fish but as I can't cook something fish-y for them, this vegetable dish could do for now (or forever) *grins*.