- beef, sliced to your preferred size
- onion, cut into rings
- garlic, diced or chopped
- soy sauce
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Marinade the beef into a mixture of soy sauce and calamansi (and pepper, if you like), taste test the marinade if necessary. Set it aside for at least half an hour, preferably tuck in the refrigerator.
- After the suggested time, take the beef out of the marinade, heat some oil and pan fry the beef slices until golden brown and then set it aside. Also, be sure to keep the used marinade as it is.
- In the same pan and oil, fry the onion rings until it gets a little soft, set it aside afterwards.
- Stir fry the garlic in the remaining oil, put the beef in and then pour the marinade, mix it a little and then let it boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Try it out and do a recipe tweaking if necessary. When all is well, drop the onion rings and let it simmer for a minute and you're done.
- Serve hot with a bowlful of rice.