Friday, October 16, 2009

Fresh Pick: Hot Chili Peppers


We have a mini-garden at home and aside from flower-bearing plants, we also have some herbs and spices like the hot chillies shown in the photo above. I don't have a green thumb and I'm scared of worms so it's actually my hubby who keeps and maintain it - he so love gardening. He even tried his hand in planting veggies and fruits like lettuce, eggplants and tomatoes, sadly when Bagyong Ondoy struck Metro Manila, all the seedlings died.

I used those hot chillies in my previous post (Roasted Chicken recipe), I put some in the marinade and some were used in the dipping.

Two of the most wonderful benefits of having a spice and herb garden:
  1. You can save some money.
  2. It is easily accessible, just pick some when you need some.
Isn't it nifty?

No comments: