- fresh whole chicken
- soy sauce
- sugar (optional)
- Make a marinade out of the soy sauce, pepper, salt and calamansi. Set aside.
- Infused some garlicky taste to the chicken by rubbing minced garlic all over its body, inside and out.
- When you think you've had enough of the garlic smell on your hands, marinate the chicken. Let it sit overnight if you can, if not, give it at least a minimum of 4 hours. Be sure that the whole chicken is drench in the marinade, if you can't make that much of a mixture to submerge it whole, just turn it around from time to time just to be sure to marinate all parts equally. If you have those kitchen syringe thingy, do inject the prepared mixture to the chicken's body to lessen the marinading time.'
- When you're almost done, shake some paprika powder to its skin to enhance its color, paprika doesn't really give that spicy kick but it does make the food more picture-perfect.
- Put the lemongrass inside the chicken's body and tie the legs together to seal it.
- Roast the chicken in a turbo broiler, set the timer to an hour and gradually increase the temperature every 15minutes, start at 100 and end at 250. At this rate, you can be sure that you cooked the chicken meat thoroughly without burning the skin.
- When the machine dings, it means it's done.
- Serve with a dip, a sauce or none at all. It'll be yummy in any way *smirks*.