Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fettuccine with Ham, Corn and Peas




I wasn't able to join the celebration at Presto Pasta Nights last week, boo for me! But, I am super proud to take part in one of the longest running food meme, I may not be a regular contributor but I love it no less. I'll let you in on a secret, with my love of pasta, I think I was Italian in my past life *grins*.

This week's pasta feast is hosted by Debbie of Debbie Does Dinner, if you're craving for more pasta recipes, go and visit her for the round-up on Friday.


Ingredients:
  • fettuccine noodles
  • corn kernels
  • green peas
  • sliced ham, cut into square bits
  • evaporated milk
  • all-purpose cream
  • butter
  • olive oil (any kind will do)
  • ground black pepper
  • salt
  • dried basil leaves

Procedures:
  • Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
  • Heat a bit of oil before melting the butter slab, that would prevent it from burning.
  • Put the ham in, roll the pieces in butter for a while until it sizzles. Add the green peas and corn kernels and saute.
  • Pour the evaporated milk and stir. Pour the all-purpose cream and stir a bit more thus preventing the sauce from sticking to the pan. Lower the heat down and let it simmer for three minutes.
  • Season the sauce with salt and pepper, try it out and do the necessary adjustments. Bring to a boil.
  • Toss the fettuccine noodles in, sprinkle it with some dried basil leaves and mix until all the noodles are coated with the sauce.
  • Let it cool for a few minutes and serve. (The sauce tends to thicken while it cools, the logic behind the let it cool phrase *grins*)


Try it and do tell me what you think, okie?

2 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

This looks so great! I love a good white sauce over noodles. Ham is a great idea too, thanks!

Jamie said...

Yum! that looks so good! I know my kids would love it too!