I wasn't able to join the celebration at Presto Pasta Nights last week, boo for me! But, I am super proud to take part in one of the longest running food meme, I may not be a regular contributor but I love it no less. I'll let you in on a secret, with my love of pasta, I think I was Italian in my past life *grins*.
This week's pasta feast is hosted by Debbie of Debbie Does Dinner, if you're craving for more pasta recipes, go and visit her for the round-up on Friday.
- fettuccine noodles
- corn kernels
- green peas
- sliced ham, cut into square bits
- evaporated milk
- all-purpose cream
- olive oil (any kind will do)
- ground black pepper
- dried basil leaves
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat a bit of oil before melting the butter slab, that would prevent it from burning.
- Put the ham in, roll the pieces in butter for a while until it sizzles. Add the green peas and corn kernels and saute.
- Pour the evaporated milk and stir. Pour the all-purpose cream and stir a bit more thus preventing the sauce from sticking to the pan. Lower the heat down and let it simmer for three minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, try it out and do the necessary adjustments. Bring to a boil.
- Toss the fettuccine noodles in, sprinkle it with some dried basil leaves and mix until all the noodles are coated with the sauce.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and serve. (The sauce tends to thicken while it cools, the logic behind the let it cool phrase *grins*)
Try it and do tell me what you think, okie?