air dried and done (don't mind the itty-bitty ants :D)
- Squid (the bigger the better, it kind of shrinks when it dries and shrink a little more when you fry it)
- Cut the squid vertically in the middle and open it up, clean it thoroughly, taking off its whole digestive system (intestine, ink socket, etc.), and if you're feeding picky folks, I suggest cutting off the eyes, too (that's what we usually do).
- Lay it flat on a drying board and let it stay for a day or two, depending on the weather and humidity.
- It'll turn hard and purple-y brown in color and will smell a little, but that is its charm *lol*.
- Fry the dried squid and serve. Best paired with spicy vinegar dip.
Have a pleasant Friday!
An entry to: