- fresh mussels (tahong)
- garlic, minced
- onion, chopped
- ginger, julienned
- cooking oil
- fish sauce/salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- Wash the mussels thoroughly.
- Saute the garlic, onion and ginger; add in water when the onion turns translucent, and set to boil. Be sure to boil a proportioned amount of water to the quantity of mussels that you're gonna cook.
- Throw in the mussels in the boiling water and let it simmer until the shells open up.
- You can add in some fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste, this is completely optional.
- Bring it to a boil and you're done.
- It is usually serve with plain rice and vinegar dip.
This dish is easy to do and easy on the pocket, too :)