- liempo/pork belly
- salt and peppercorn
- garlic and laurel leaf (optional)
- Boil the pork belly in a mixture of water, salt and peppercorn until the meat (and skin) is tender. You can also add some garlic and laurel leaf if you like.
- Drain, cool and air dry. If you can do it under the sun, that's better.
- Deep fry the slabs of pork belly until crisp or until blisters pop in the skin meat, be sure to submerge the whole thing. And be very careful, blasts of oil missiles are sure to come your way, be prepare grab a shield, a pot cover will do *lol*.
- Drain in a paper towel and cut to serving pieces.
- Serve with a lechon sauce, atchara or any other dip you may prefer.
An entry to: