Monday, January 11, 2010

Gelatin

Another Noche Buena treat...


Ingredients:
  • gelatin powder
  • condensed milk
  • sugar
  • egg, beaten
  • water


Procedures:
  • Ratio of ingredients - 1 sachet of gelatin powder, 7 cups of water, 1 beaten egg, 1 can of condensed milk and as much sugar as you prefer.
  • In a cooking pot, mix the gelatin powder, water and beaten egg. Put it on medium heat to cook but remember to stir constantly until it reach to a boil.
  • Add the condensed milk and sugar, mix until the sugar dissolves completely and the milk is completely part of the liquid gelatin.
  • Change to low heat as you transfer the gelatin to your preferred container.
  • Garnish it with cheese or any toppings that you like. On the second photo, you'll notice that I add some green jelly cubes, I had that handy as I was making some buco pandan, too.
  • Let it cool and then refrigerate for an hour or so. Serve cold (or not *grins*).


I doubled the ingredient ratio that I had mentioned above and I was able to make 12 small ones and the big one that I served at our Noche Buena. The small ones I gave to aunts and uncles who visited us last Christmas aside from their gifts, of course *chuckles*.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That looks really good! Yummy!

Gay said...

Looks delicious!

jerellt said...

I love gelatin. It may sound weird but my mom used to put pineapples on our gelatin. Btw, I think we have the same mold! Hihi! ^_^