- Japanese bread crumbs
- egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- chili flakes, paprika (optional)
- corn or any vegetable oil
- Scrub the potatoes, make sure that it is absolutely clean.
- Let the potatoes boil until cooked and soft. (Add a pinch of salt and a drop of corn or any vegetable oil in the water before you drop the potatoes.)
- Mash the potatoes, as you would when making mashed potato.
- Season it with salt and pepper, if you want it a little spicy, you can add some chili flakes or paprika.
- Using your hands, roll a small amount into balls.
- Dip in the beaten egg and then roll in the bread crumbs until fully coated.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a mayo-garlic dip or mustard-mayo dip.