- pork, cut into cubes
- garlic, minced or diced
- soy sauce
- In a pan, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, minced garlic and peppercorn.
- Put the pork in the mixture and let it sit for half an hour.
- Cover the pot and boil the pork together with the marinade on medium to high heat for about an hour or more if needed, to tenderize the meat and ensure that it is fully marinated.
- Instead of using cooking oil to brown the meat, I (as instructed by my mom) let the marinade boil until it dries up and wait for the natural juices and oil of the pork to come out and that's what I use.
- Brown the meat on all sides, stir and scrape the sides of the pan from time to time to prevent that burnt aftertaste. Do this for a couple of minutes and you're done. Easy breezy.
- Adobo is best serve with steaming white rice.
Hmm... what should I try next?