taken with a camera flash
- pasta noodles of any kind (I used what's on hand, spaghetti noodles)
- smoked longganisa
- regular skinless longganisa
- longganisang macao
- olive oil
- salt, sugar, pepper, magic sarap
- dried basil
- Cook the noodles per instructed in the package, make sure to have it al dente. I, personally, add magic sarap granules on the boiling water aside from salt and oil, to give the noodles a distinct taste. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the longganisang macao thinly, cut the smoked longganisa into cubes, get the skinless ones ready.
- Heat a little olive oil in the pan, add half a bar of butter and let it melt.
- Mash and saute the skinless longganisa, add the smoked longganisa and the longganisang macao. Cook until the oil and sugar of the longganisa infused and caramelized.
- Season with salt, sugar or pepper, do it according to your preference.
- Drop and toss the pasta.
- Serve with a little drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of dried basil.
taken without a camera flash
My husband is a longganisa-lover so I tried inventing a pasta dish that he sure will love and my instinct didn't fail me, he ate as much as 3 plateful right after I finished cooking, I loss count of the rest *lol*.