Note: I learned this version of Pininyahang Manok in Bulacan, you know how different provinces here in the Philippines tend to have their own versions of a common dish, this one is no different.
- quail eggs
- pineapple chunks
- green peas
- evaporated milk
- Saute garlic, onion, chicken, carrots and potatoes.
- Add some water and let it boil for 10 minutes or so.
- Add the milk, hotdog slices and pineapple bits. Mix and let it simmer for a minute or two.
- Add the green peas and boiled/peeled quail eggs. Season to taste and bring it to a boil.
- Try it out and then serve.
- I'm not sure about others' preference but I like this dish cold, I mean at a room temp., as the sauce tends to get creamier as it cool.